An Introduction...

Welcome to Starlight Costumes, I hope you enjoy your visit.

I have been interested in theatrical costumes since childhood and learned to sew at a very early age. I design and make historical costumes, dance and theatrical costumes, fancy dress, prom dresses and bridesmaid gowns.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Creating a workspace...

My workspace is my daughter's old bedroom, it's not very big so I've used deep bookshelves with baskets on it to store my fabrics etc, I have an old desk which houses my sewing machine and overlocker (I have dreams of a lovely new Horn sewing cabinet...if you've never seen them you don't know what you're missing!), lots of shelves on the walls, a dress rail (which is already full to bursting) and lots of antique fashion prints (a real source of inspiration). Add to that a few tailors dummies in various sizes and I'm ready to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment