An Introduction...

Welcome to Starlight Costumes, I hope you enjoy your visit.

I have been interested in theatrical costumes since childhood and learned to sew at a very early age. I design and make historical costumes, dance and theatrical costumes, fancy dress, prom dresses and bridesmaid gowns.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Making a start...

Luckily I'm quite well set up for sewing machines, I have a fabulous Janome computerised machine with 60 different stitches (haven't used half of them so far), this is my 'all rounder' machine, it can tackle any fabrics. I also have an overlocker which is brilliant for finishing and for stretch fabrics, my back up machine is a basic singer which is a proper little workhorse and kept so that I can keep sewing if my Janome is out of action. Finally I have an old manual singer sewing machine, this is the machine I learned to sew on at 7 years old, it belonged to my Grandma and was past on to me after her death...it's a treasured friend and I could never part with it...besides it means I can still sew during a power cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment